Depression affects millions of people. It affects the way you live your life and you may seem like a different person than you once were. Depression is a chronic condition with symptoms that can vary between different people, including:
- Constantly feeling sad
- Loss of appetite or inability to control eating
- Too much or too little sleep
- Lack of interest in things you once enjoyed
- Lack of desire to socialize or interact with others
- Suicidal Thoughts (If you are contemplating suicide please call 1-800-273-8255 to speak with someone immediately).
Depression can be brought on by dramatic or cumulative changes in your life. The loss of a loved one, loss of your job, moving to a new, unfamiliar place and many other factors can cause you to become depressed. Therapy can improve your state of mind by helping you to manage and balance your emotions and find ways to effectively deal with them.